Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Louisiana Creole style dish made with shrimp, ham, and artichokes. Found recipe in, "The Best Slow Cooker Cookbook Ever."
- 1 1⁄2 cups converted white rice
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes (and peeled)
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped (yellow pepper substitute optional)
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can artichoke hearts, quartered (rinsed and well drained)
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 cup cooked ham, chopped
- 3⁄4-1 lb cooked shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- In a 3 1/2 or 4 qt slow cooker, mix the rice, tomatoes with liquid, wine, celery, onions, bell pepper, artichokes, parsley, garlic powder, cayenne, seasoned salt, and black pepper.
- Cover and cooked on low for 3 1/3 to 4 hours or until the rice is tender but no sticky or mushy.
- Stir in basil, ham, and shrimp. Cover and cook 10 to 15 more minutes or until meat is hot.