Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe comes from Chef Frank Davis' website. I love his recipes. Posted for ZWT5.
Make and share this Shrimp, Crab, Crawfish, Sausage, Corn and Dirty Rice Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 lb smoked sausage, finely diced
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 3 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 (12 ounce) package dirty rice mix (low sodium)
- 1 (14 ounce) can shoe peg corn, undrained
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of shrimp soup
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced
- 2 (10 ounce) jars mushrooms, undrained
- 1 -2 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet, as desired for color
- 1 lb claw crabmeat, picked clean for shells
- 1 lb crawfish tail
- First melt the butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Drop in the smoked sausage and cook until slightly browned. Stir in the shrimp and cook until they turn pink, about 3 minutes. Do not overcook the shrimp. Toss in the bell pepper and cook another 3 minutes until tender.
- Pour the water into the pot, stir everything and bring to a boil. Whisk in the dirty rice mix and return to a boil. When everything is fully combined, stir in the corn, shrimp soup, green onions, mushrooms and Kitchen Bouquet.
- At this stage, reduce the heat to low, cover the pot tightly, and simmer for about 25 minutes or until almost all of the liquid is evaporated.
- Fold in the crab meat and crawfish tails. Cover the pot, remove from the burner and let stand for about 5 minutes. Fluff the rice with a fork before serving.