This is a tasty shrimp appetizer always receives many requests for the recipe. It is a beaufiul presentation when served in a tall hurricane glass (with a long tea spoon), on a plate, surrounded by tortilla chips. It is also delicious with fresh blue crab added to the mix.
- 2 lbs fresh small shrimp, boiled, peeled, deveined
- 4 -5 avocados, chopped
- 8 small tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 -4 jalapenos, seeded, chopped (optional)
- 2 limes, freshly, squeezed
- 1 (8 ounce) jar seafood cocktail sauce (Heinz)
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces tortilla chips
- Combine shrimp, avocados, tomatoes, cilantro, green onions, jalapeños and lime juice in a bowl and mix gently.
- Stir in seafood sauce, ketchup and salt. Chill, cover, until serving time. Serve with tortilla chips. Garnish with a whole jalapeño.
Played around with the amounts and used spicy cocktail sauce added minced garlic and this was just like our favorite southwestern restaurant's Campeche !! Soooooo good!!! an absolute must try!!