This is a tasty shrimp appetizer always receives many requests for the recipe. It is a beaufiul presentation when served in a tall hurricane glass (with a long tea spoon), on a plate, surrounded by tortilla chips. It is also delicious with fresh blue crab added to the mix.
- 2 lbs fresh small shrimp, boiled, peeled, deveined
- 4 -5 avocados, chopped
- 8 small tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 -4 jalapenos, seeded, chopped (optional)
- 2 limes, freshly, squeezed
- 1 (8 ounce) jar seafood cocktail sauce (Heinz)
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces tortilla chips
- Combine shrimp, avocados, tomatoes, cilantro, green onions, jalapeños and lime juice in a bowl and mix gently.
- Stir in seafood sauce, ketchup and salt. Chill, cover, until serving time. Serve with tortilla chips. Garnish with a whole jalapeño.