1/1 Photo of Shrimp and Sausage Jambalaya
1 hr 20 mins
Vino Girl's Note:
This is a recipe I developed by combining a few together, and it is one of my husband's favorite things that I make. If I am eating this, I cook the sausage on the side. At the end, I pull out a portion of jambalaya for myself and add the sausage to the rest for everyone else. Keep an eye on it after you add the rice. The jambalaya recipes I've used in the past don't add water, but I usually have to add some so the rice has enough liquid to absorb.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 354.88 ml chopped onions
- 118.29 ml chopped green bell pepper
- 118.29 ml chopped celery
- 226.79 g medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 bay leaves
- 226.79 g smoked sausage, sliced
- 411.06 g can chopped tomatoes
- 14.79 ml chopped garlic
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml cayenne
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 1.23 ml dried thyme
- 236.59 ml long-grain white rice
- 59.14 ml barbecue sauce
- 59.14 ml chopped green onion
- 1Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add onion, bell pepper and celery and saute for 7 to 8 minutes.
- 3Add the shrimp and bay leaves and cook until the shrimp turn pink, about 2 minutes.
- 4Add the sausage and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 5Add tomatoes (with juice), garlic, salt, cayenne, pepper and thyme. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- 6Add the rice and stir to mix.
- 7Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 30 minutes, or until the rice is done and liquid is absorbed.
- 8Stir in barbecue sauce.
- 9Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- 10Remove the bay leaves.
- 11Stir in green onions.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp and Sausage Jambalaya
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 365.1
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 83.3 mg
- Sodium 1111.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 19.8 g