Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs 30 mins
My folks winter in NC. Pork barbecue is BIG there, not the kind with the red sauce... Found this in a BH&G slow cooker cookbook. Serve with (or without) your favorite buns, and coleslaw, of course!
- 4 -5 lbs pork roast
- 3⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place meat, cutting into pieces if necessary to fit crock pot. Mix together remaining ingredients and pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 10-12 hours, or high-heat 5-6 hours.
- Transfer meat to cookie sheet. When cool enough to handle, shred or chop. Add juice until moistened to your liking.