If it's hot and you don't feel like slaving over a hot stove, this is a super fast and easy salad to serve. If you don't like scallops, you can substitute shrimp, swordfish or tuna steak in this salad.
- Rinse the scallops and pat them dry.
- Mix the flour and seasoning of your choice in a plastic bag; add the scallops and toss to coat.
- Heat the oil in a skillet to medium heat.
- Sear the scallops until browned and opaque, about 5 minutes, turning once.
- Remove the scallops from the skillet and keep them warm.
- Add the spinach and carrots to the skillet; sprinkle with water.
- Cover the skillet and cook on medium-high until the spinach starts to wilt, about 2 minutes.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and toss to coat evenly.
- Spoon the spinach and carrots onto four plates and top with the seared scallops.