Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
If it's hot and you don't feel like slaving over a hot stove, this is a super fast and easy salad to serve. If you don't like scallops, you can substitute shrimp, swordfish or tuna steak in this salad.
- Rinse the scallops and pat them dry.
- Mix the flour and seasoning of your choice in a plastic bag; add the scallops and toss to coat.
- Heat the oil in a skillet to medium heat.
- Sear the scallops until browned and opaque, about 5 minutes, turning once.
- Remove the scallops from the skillet and keep them warm.
- Add the spinach and carrots to the skillet; sprinkle with water.
- Cover the skillet and cook on medium-high until the spinach starts to wilt, about 2 minutes.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and toss to coat evenly.
- Spoon the spinach and carrots onto four plates and top with the seared scallops.
Beautiful blend of flavours! Apart from the scallops and cajun being very good together I loved the slight crispness of the carrot with the spinach. The balsamic topped it all off nicely as well.
Made for ZWT and the Epicurean Queens, this is an excellent salad. Very easy and tastes like you've worked a lot harder than you did!
Fantastic fusion! I loved the cajun flair on the scallops with an almost italian surrounding. I threw in a few sliced mushrooms before adding the spinach because I had too many in my fridge, and they were a nice addition... then I topped it off with a dab of parm cheese. Great low fat, low carb dinner!