I enjoy seafood salad, but could not get it to taste as well as some I'd been served, until I found this recipe. My favorite way to eat this is in avocado halves.
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni (cooked)
- 1 -2 cup shrimp (cooked) or 1 -2 cup crab (cooked) or 1 -2 cup lobster (cooked)
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Old Bay Seasoning (optional) or paprika (optional)
- salad greens
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl, except for salad greens and Old Bay or Paprika.
- Serve mixture on salad greens and sprinkle with Old Bay seasoning or Paprika or *variation* serve in avocado halves.
This is a delicious seafood salad. Just the right mixture of sour cream & mayonaise to make a nice dressing. The lemon juice added to the flavor necessary for seafood. I didn't have capers (never use them) but I did add onions. Instead of putting the Old Bay to the top I mixed it with the dressing for a little extra kick. I will make this again. Thanks for sharing.
This is a very good seafood salad recipe! We made it using crawfish tails. The only changes I made was that I never use capers either, so I substituted with 2 T. of chopped green olives. My family loved it and we definitely will be making it again because it is something we really enjoy.
This is good! I made it without pasta, and a mixture of crab meat, shrimp & bay scallops (trying to mimic one I bought at Costco). Think next time I'll only add about 1/2 the lemon juice, and then more to taste. With the capers, 3Tbsp of lemon juice is a bit too much for my taste. Will add some green onion too, but didn't have any in my fridge. Thanks for sharing! The 1/2 mayo & 1/2 sour cream base was the light dressing was looking for. Used fat-free of both, since what was in my fridge and wasn't too runny at all!