Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I learned this recipe from a restaurant in a town named Opelousas, lots of paprika are called for here, I recommend starting small, then adding more. There are no tomatoes in this recipe, so it is faster than normal jambalaya.
- Heat butter and olive oil, add onions and peppers and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Add sausage or andouille and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add paprika and garlic.
- Add shrimp, cook for 6-7 minutes.
- Add crawfish, cook for 2-3 minutes, if not dark enough add more paprika.
- Add rice & season to taste.