Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I learned this recipe from a restaurant in a town named Opelousas, lots of paprika are called for here, I recommend starting small, then adding more. There are no tomatoes in this recipe, so it is faster than normal jambalaya.
- 1 diced green bell pepper
- 1 diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup paprika (add gradually)
- 3 -6 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp
- 1 lb crawfish
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 1⁄2 lb andouille sausages or 1⁄2 lb smoked sausage
- 3 cups cooked rice
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Heat butter and olive oil, add onions and peppers and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Add sausage or andouille and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add paprika and garlic.
- Add shrimp, cook for 6-7 minutes.
- Add crawfish, cook for 2-3 minutes, if not dark enough add more paprika.
- Add rice & season to taste.
This was so delicious! We'll definitely be making it again. We didn't have crawfish in our area, so we used lobster instead, which made it pricey. I think if we made it again we would just make it with more shrimp instead.