Brooklyn's Culinary Diva's Note:
I was doing a project on cajun and creole food, so I invested in some help from Susan Merrick who owns and operates cajun-country-foods.com. She helped me out with these recipes!! So I want to thank her!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb shrimp or 1 lb crawfish
- 1 3/4 cups uncooked rice
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro-Tel tomatoes (or tony's etouffe sauce)
- 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 (5 ounce) can mushrooms, drained (optional)
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen seasoning, blend (or 1 1/2 cup onion, bell pepper and celery)
- salt and pepper or tony's seasoning, to taste
- 1Put all these ingredients into an electric rice cooker.
- 2Let cook. You can stir once the pot chimes. Cover and let it steam.
- 3These ingredients can also be cooked on the stove, using low heat. Combine, lower heat and cover pot.
- 4Stir after about 30 minutes. Cover and let it steam, using low heat.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seafood Jambalaya
Serving Size: 1 (534 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 895.7
- Calories from Fat 278
- Total Fat 30.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 220.8 mg
- Sodium 827.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 126.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.8 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 38.2 g