My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown flour in a frying pan with oil until it turns brown.
- 2This is called a Roux.
- 3Add your onions Cook them until they are soft.
- 4Pour into a bigger pot, add your water and the liquid from oysters.
- 5Cook to boil and then add your shrimp, crabs, salt and pepper.
- 6Boil 20 minutes, then add the oysters.
- 7Add enough water to make the amount of liquid you would want for your meal.
- 8Cook the oysters about 10 minutes.
- 9Add your file powder and its ready to eat.
- 10Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Gumbo Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seafood Gumbo
Serving Size: 1 (990 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1060.9
- Calories from Fat 555
- Total Fat 61.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 582.8 mg
- Sodium 921.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 81.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: