Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
- Brown flour in a frying pan with oil until it turns brown.
- This is called a Roux.
- Add your onions Cook them until they are soft.
- Pour into a bigger pot, add your water and the liquid from oysters.
- Cook to boil and then add your shrimp, crabs, salt and pepper.
- Boil 20 minutes, then add the oysters.
- Add enough water to make the amount of liquid you would want for your meal.
- Cook the oysters about 10 minutes.
- Add your file powder and its ready to eat.
- Serve over rice.
Finally, a REAL CAJUN gumbo - made without tomato or chicken broth! You can't beat the old standard gumbo recipe, no matter what meats or seafood you use.