The stars of the sea make a tasty little appetizers prepared this way. This recipe was in my local paper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place bacon slices individually onto a baking sheet. Bake until a pale golden brown, about 8 minutes. It should still be flexible, not crisp. Cut slices in half crosswise and let cool.
- 2Wrap one slice of bacon around the sides of each scallop and secure it with a toothpick. (They can be prepared 6 to 8 hours ahead. Just cover and refrigerate.).
- 3Preheat oven to 400 degrees Place the scallops on a baking sheet and bake until cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- 4While the scallops are cooking, boil the cream in a large skillet until it is reduced to about 3/4 of a cup, approximately 3 minutes. Keep an eye on the heat and lower to medium maintaining a steady reduction. Add mustard and maple syrup then boil for approximately another 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Spoon sauce on a serving platter. Arrange scallops on the platter, sprinkle with chives and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scallops Wrapped in Bacon in a Maple Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 111.8
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 28.9 mg
- Sodium 131.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 4.1 g