Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 16 mins
The stars of the sea make a tasty little appetizers prepared this way. This recipe was in my local paper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place bacon slices individually onto a baking sheet. Bake until a pale golden brown, about 8 minutes. It should still be flexible, not crisp. Cut slices in half crosswise and let cool.
- Wrap one slice of bacon around the sides of each scallop and secure it with a toothpick. (They can be prepared 6 to 8 hours ahead. Just cover and refrigerate.).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Place the scallops on a baking sheet and bake until cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- While the scallops are cooking, boil the cream in a large skillet until it is reduced to about 3/4 of a cup, approximately 3 minutes. Keep an eye on the heat and lower to medium maintaining a steady reduction. Add mustard and maple syrup then boil for approximately another 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon sauce on a serving platter. Arrange scallops on the platter, sprinkle with chives and serve.
I served these over rice as a dinner, and my husband raved about them! It's such a unique blend of flavors- I felt like a gourmet chef making this! Try it, you won't be disappointed!!!