1/51 Photos of Scalloped Potatoes
1 hr 15 mins
Vicki G.'s Note:
Here's a great scalloped potato recipe that's so easy and absolutely delicious. The leftovers are just as good, maybe even better, the next day. This is one of my favorite and most prepared recipes, from my 1971 Florence Junior Welfare League cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small sauce pan, melt butter and blend in flour.
- 2Let sit for a minute.
- 3Add all of cold milk, stirring with a whisk.
- 4Season with salt and cayenne.
- 5Cook sauce on low until smooth and boiling, stirring occasionally with a whisk.
- 6Reduce heat and stir in cheese.
- 7Place a half of the sliced potatoes in a lightly greased one quart casserole dish.
- 8Pour half of cheese sauce over potatoes.
- 9Repeat with second layer of potatoes and cheese sauce.
- 10Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- 11Top with some paprika for color.
- 12Bake uncovered for about 1 hour at 350°F.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scalloped Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.2
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 49.6 mg
- Sodium 682.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 11.0 g