Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe comes from Atlanta Cooknotes cookbook. It is an easy dish to prepare, and may be prepared ahead. This is posted in answer to a request.
- 1 pint oyster, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1⁄2 cup cracker crumbs or 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Place half of the oysters in a well-greased two quart casserole.
- Top with half of each of the remaining ingredients, except cream.
- Repeat layers.
- Pour cream over all and bake for 30 minutes.
I can't remember a Thanksgiving or Christmas without this exact recipe - I could eat the whole thing! Great reheated too.