1/1 Photo of Samantha's Jambalaya
Warm and filling Jambalaya that even my toddlers eat. I like it served with warm buttermilk biscuits.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb shrimp, deveined and tailless
- 1 lb smoked sausage or 1 lb kielbasa
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1In a large pot, combine celery, bell pepper, onion and one tablespoon of olive oil; saute for about 3 minutes.
- 2Add the diced tomatoes, Cajun seasoning, garlic, crushed red pepper and chicken broth; bring to a boil.
- 3Add the rice, bring to a boil again, cover and cook for 20-25 minutes until the rice is done.
- 4Meanwhile, get out a frying pan, add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and brown your sausage; set aside in a covered bowl.
- 5Saute and thoroughly cook your shrimp in the same frying pan, set aside (you can use already cooked shrimp for an easier preparation).
- 6When the rice is done cooking, stir in your Kielbasa and shrimp and then SERVE AND ENJOY!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Samantha's Jambalaya
Serving Size: 1 (362 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 518.3
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 205.5 mg
- Sodium 1578.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 31.0 g