1/2 Photos of Salted Boiled Peanuts
3 hrs 10 mins
amature at best's Note:
This is a southern delicacy. Try them hot or cold. After they are done break off the shell they are soooo juicy and better than dry roasted. IMHO They also freeze well and can be heated up in the microwave.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse all dirt off of peanuts inside of sink and drain.
- 2Place peanuts inside a large pot that leaves about 4 to 6 inches of room at the top of the pot.
- 3Cover peanuts with water leaving until the peanuts float to within 2 inches from the top of the pot.
- 4Add salt. A good hint is that all the salt you add will not be directly absorbed by the peanuts. So you can be generous.
- 5Bring to a rigorous boil and continue until soft. The time to boil depends on the peanuts and I think it is best done outside.
- 6Allow peanuts to absorb brine untill desired salty taste. About 1 hour +or -.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salted Boiled Peanuts
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1029.6
- Calories from Fat 804
- Total Fat 89.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 11106.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.4 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 46.8 g