This is a southern delicacy. Try them hot or cold. After they are done break off the shell they are soooo juicy and better than dry roasted. IMHO They also freeze well and can be heated up in the microwave.
- Rinse all dirt off of peanuts inside of sink and drain.
- Place peanuts inside a large pot that leaves about 4 to 6 inches of room at the top of the pot.
- Cover peanuts with water leaving until the peanuts float to within 2 inches from the top of the pot.
- Add salt. A good hint is that all the salt you add will not be directly absorbed by the peanuts. So you can be generous.
- Bring to a rigorous boil and continue until soft. The time to boil depends on the peanuts and I think it is best done outside.
- Allow peanuts to absorb brine untill desired salty taste. About 1 hour +or -.