1/3 Photos of Salmon With Herb Shrimp Sauce
The delicate shrimp sauce really sets this dish apart! By Marilyn Guild of Orinda, CA, who was the California winner of the 54 Recipes competition on Tony Chachere's web site several years ago.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g salmon fillets
- creole seasoning, Tony Chachere's
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 250 g small shrimp, peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon peppercorn, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1Place salmon in baking dish. Season generously with Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning. Add wine and bake in 180°C/350°F oven for 20 minutes.
- 2While fish is baking, make sauce. Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Saute shrimp about 2 minutes. Add bay leaf, oregano, rosemary, pepper and garlic. Saute for about 1 minute.
- 3Pour broth into a cup and stir in flour.
- 4Pour this mixture slowly into pan. Add lemon juice and cook over medium heat until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- 5To serve, place one fillet on each plate, then lable on sauce.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon With Herb Shrimp Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.6
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 175.2 mg
- Sodium 412.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 40.3 g