1/11 Photos of Rustic Oatmeal Cornbread
Susie D's Note:
Are you looking for something different in making cornbread? This adds a nutty, rustic flavor to traditional southern cornbread. The recipe is adapted from one appearing in the Fort Worth Star Telegram newspaper by Amy Culbertson.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Mix together dry ingredients.
- 3Stir in beaten eggs, butter, & milk.
- 4Add enough additional butter or oil to cover the bottom of a 9 or 10 inch cast iron skillet and place pan in hot oven.
- 5When the pan is very hot, remove from the oven & pour the cornbread batter into the skillet.
- 6Return to oven & bake approximately 15 minutes until browned.
- 7Cut into wedges to serve.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rustic Oatmeal Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.4
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 64.8 mg
- Sodium 638.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 5.3 g