Are you looking for something different in making cornbread? This adds a nutty, rustic flavor to traditional southern cornbread. The recipe is adapted from one appearing in the Fort Worth Star Telegram newspaper by Amy Culbertson.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Stir in beaten eggs, butter, & milk.
- Add enough additional butter or oil to cover the bottom of a 9 or 10 inch cast iron skillet and place pan in hot oven.
- When the pan is very hot, remove from the oven & pour the cornbread batter into the skillet.
- Return to oven & bake approximately 15 minutes until browned.
- Cut into wedges to serve.