1/8 Photos of Rock & Roll BBQ Brisket
48 hrs 15 mins
The Rock & Roll BBQ Chef's Note:
This is Brisket the way it is supposed to be made. Be alert...this requires you to cook it 1 1/2 hours per pound of brisket! It is well worth the effort...trust me!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim the extreme excess fat from the brisket. Not too much though, fat is good for keeping this thing moist!
- 2Rinse the brisket and pat it dry with paper towels.
- 3Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- 4Generously coat one side of the brisket with the rub. "Rub" it in with your hands really good. This is very important!
- 5Flip the brisket and repeat the process.
- 6Wrap the brisket in a few layers of plastic wrap. Then one layer of foil. Put it in the fridge for about 24 hours.
- 7Prepare your smoker for smoking or your grill for indirect heating. You are looking to have your cooking chamber between 225 and 240 degrees.
- 8When grill is up to temp, place the brisket on the rack and WAIT!
- 9Smoke the meat for about 1 1/2 hours per pound. You are looking for an internal temp of 175-185 degrees at the thickest part of the brisket.
- 10I use Pecan wood chips for flavoring, but feel free to use Hickory, Cherry, or Apple as well. I never use Mesquite wood. Also, make sure you don't use "green" wood or it will taste horrible! Add a handful of soaked wood chips every 45 minutes for the first 8 hours.
- 11Some people like to "mop" a brisket. If you want to do this, do it during the second half of the process. Look for a mop recipe online if you want to do this.
- 12When it is done, wrap the brisket in foil and let it stand for about 30 minutes.
- 13Slice it against the grain and serve with Rock and Roll BBQ sauce (on buns if you like).
- 14I realize this may be more work than you are looking for. BUT if you want REAL BBQ this is the way you gotta do it.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rock & Roll BBQ Brisket
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 511.7
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 187.4 mg
- Sodium 3407.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 63.8 g