Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This came from the Justin Wilson Website. I only get to eat this when I'm going through LA on my way to see family in MS, so when I saw this I was overjoyed. Mostly posting this so I don't lose it!! :)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté the onions, bell pepper, and parsley in the oil until the onions are clear.
- Then add the garlic and sauté another 5 minutes. Stir in the meat, making sure it mixes well with the vegetables, and cook until the meat is browned.
- Pour in the stock, taste for salt, then add the hot sauce and Worcestershire, and mix well.
- Stir in the rice, mix well, then pour into a small greased casserole dish and bake for 45 minutes.
Very easy to prepare and tasty, however the dish size should be a larger one. There was no way I would have been able to put all that meat and rice in a small casserole dish.LOL!:)
This is a hardy, homely dish that I really liked. It is a bit cold here and I wanted something warming. This fit the bill. I used 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper which was just right.