Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Posted in response to a request.
Make and share this Rhubarb Relish recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups rhubarb, finely chopped (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups finely chopped onions
- 2 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat for 30 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Cool; store in the refrigerator.
- Makes a nice condiment for poultry, pork or beef.
I made half recipe and added 5 more minutes to the cooking time. I had frozen rhubarbs and it was great in it. I used only 1 cup of brown sugar (for half recipe). I didn't use salt. The spices are great with the rhubarb. It's sweet but still tart. I like it :) Thanks Marg :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game