1/1 Photo of Raw Corn and Tomato Salad
There is such an abundance of corn in the summer and this is a wonderful way to use it! Made with chickpeas, fresh greens, goat's cheese and tomatoes, and a dressing with walnut oil, this is a pleasure to eat! Adapted and changed just a bit from the Miami Herald.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leave
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 3 ears corn, husks and silk removed
- 2 cups ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 4 cups baby greens
- 4 slices vegetarian bacon, cooked and crumbled (or bacon bits)
- 1 (4 ounce) log goat cheese, crumbled
- chive blossoms, broken up (optional)
- 1In a medium bowl, whisk the walnut oil, vinegars, thyme and sugar if using. Set aside.
- 2Use a serrated knife to carefully cut the kernels from the ears of corn. To do this, one at a time stand each ear on its wide end, then saw the knife down the length of the cob. Discard the cobs(I put cobs in freezer to use later to make veg. stock).
- 3To the bowl with the dressing, add the corn kernels, tomatoes, onion and chickpeas. Toss well. Divide the greens between 4 serving plates, then top with the corn mixture.
- 4Garnish with crumbled veggie bacon, goat cheese and chive blossoms, if using. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raw Corn and Tomato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (353 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 454.7
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 22.4 mg
- Sodium 557.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 15.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: