I am new to making soup with leftovers and what's in the cupboard but this is one I came up with that we all really enjoyed. A tasty, nutritious lunch or light supper that is ready in less than 30 minutes!
- 1 -2 cup beef stock, divided (I use Kittencal's Rich Homemade Beef Stock (Crock-Pot or Stove Top))
- 1 large red potatoes, diced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables, cooked
- 1 cup leftover roast, pieces or 1 cup other leftover cooked meat
- 2 -3 cups water, divided
- Place 1 cup beef stock and 1 cup water in sauce pan.
- Add diced potato and bring to a boil. Cook until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork, about 10 minutes.
- While the potatoes are boiling, cook the frozen vegetables, according to the package, in the microwave.
- When the potatoes are tender, reduce heat to medium and add the remaining ingredients except water. Use an additional cup of stock if you desire a stronger flavored broth.
- Add enough water to cover the meat and veggies with broth. Stir to combine.
- Allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until heated thoroughly.