1/4 Photos of Quick Vegetable Beef Soup
Marg (CaymanDesigns)'s Note:
I am new to making soup with leftovers and what's in the cupboard but this is one I came up with that we all really enjoyed. A tasty, nutritious lunch or light supper that is ready in less than 30 minutes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -2 cup beef stock, divided (I use Kittencal's Rich Homemade Beef Stock (Crock-Pot or Stove Top))
- 1 large red potatoes, diced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables, cooked
- 1 cup leftover roast, pieces or 1 cup other leftover cooked meat
- 2 -3 cups water, divided
- 1Place 1 cup beef stock and 1 cup water in sauce pan.
- 2Add diced potato and bring to a boil. Cook until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork, about 10 minutes.
- 3While the potatoes are boiling, cook the frozen vegetables, according to the package, in the microwave.
- 4When the potatoes are tender, reduce heat to medium and add the remaining ingredients except water. Use an additional cup of stock if you desire a stronger flavored broth.
- 5Add enough water to cover the meat and veggies with broth. Stir to combine.
- 6Allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until heated thoroughly.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Vegetable Beef Soup
Serving Size: 1 (636 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 177.3
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 485.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 7.4 g