I am new to making soup with leftovers and what's in the cupboard but this is one I came up with that we all really enjoyed. A tasty, nutritious lunch or light supper that is ready in less than 30 minutes!
- 1 -2 cup beef stock, divided (I use Kittencal's Rich Homemade Beef Stock (Crock-Pot or Stove Top))
- 1 large red potatoes, diced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables, cooked
- 1 cup leftover roast, pieces or 1 cup other leftover cooked meat
- 2 -3 cups water, divided
- Place 1 cup beef stock and 1 cup water in sauce pan.
- Add diced potato and bring to a boil. Cook until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork, about 10 minutes.
- While the potatoes are boiling, cook the frozen vegetables, according to the package, in the microwave.
- When the potatoes are tender, reduce heat to medium and add the remaining ingredients except water. Use an additional cup of stock if you desire a stronger flavored broth.
- Add enough water to cover the meat and veggies with broth. Stir to combine.
- Allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until heated thoroughly.
Sooo good on a cold day! its fast, easy and super yummy! Making this for the second time tonight and I have a very excited man waiting on it.
This is an amazing soup. So easy and so good! I'm still marvelling over it. I was out of shredded beef so I bought one of those prepared and refrigerated roasts and shredded part of it. I also you baby Yukon potatoes which I left unpeeled and quartered. The whole soup just hit the spot, not just for me but for the neightbors I shared it with. Thanks for a keeper recipe.
marg,i just wanted to tell you that this soup was very good!!! i made the soup just a little quicker than the recipe stated, i had leftover veggies already in the "fridge" and some leftover roast in the freezer.i didn't have the red potatoe, i just used a couple of medium sized russets. i cheated on the broth, i used three beef boullion cubes and three cups of water and only 2 cups of the water that was in the recipe.i added pepper to taste after it was finished. i served it with onion bread Onion Bread,that i had spread a little margarine and garlic powder. as you will be able to tell in the picture i left it under the broiler to long :)but it was still good. this is going to be a regular in our home thank you for posting.