1 hr 20 mins
This is great for a dressing, stuffing, as a bed for Shrimp Scampi, or by itself. You can buy those little crab shells to stuff and broil, mold it into a loaf pan and bake, or use it to dress any main meat entree. This is a recipe from my wife's mother's collection.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces seasoned stuffing mix, instant, cornbread flavored
- 8 ounces crabmeat, imitation-fresh whichever you prefer
- 1 garlic clove, fresh, sliced paper thin
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/3 cup celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 dash paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups water, whatever is called for in the stuffing directions
- 1/4 cup margarine, whatever is called for in the stuffing directions
- 1 dash cooking spray
- 1Sauté garlic, onions, celery, and parsley. Set aside.
- 2Shred the crab meat.
- 3Prepare the stuffing mix as per instructions on the box but DO NOT COOK. In other words, just mix the water, butter, and stuffing mix together, without cooking it.
- 4Stir into the crab meat, add garlic powder, and mix until blended.
- 5Spoon into loaf pan treated with no-stick cooking spray (DO NOT PRESS).
- 6Brush lightly with butter, sprinkle with paprika, and bake covered in a 375°F oven for 45 minutes.
- 7Remove covering, add parmesan cheese, and continue to bake at 400°F for 10-15 minutes to allow the top to brown.
- 8Serve as a side dish, the main dish, or a bed for Shrimp Scampi.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick and Easy Crabmeat Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.0
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 25.2 mg
- Sodium 763.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 10.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: