Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Easy, spicy. You can spice it up or down as much as you'd like. Great for the Superbowl.
Make and share this Pulled Flank Steak Salsa Style recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs flank steaks, cut into 4 to 6 pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon oven dried hot pepper flakes (Oven Dried Hot Peppers-Flakes or Powder)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, minced (or more)
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 1 red pepper, sliced thin
- 2 cups salsa, i like hot
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Place flank pieces into a ziplock bag follow with the next ingredients including and up to garlic.
- Massage into meat.
- Add everything to crock.
- Cook at low for 8 hours.
- Remove meat and shred with forks.
- Place back into crock.
- Serve over rice, in a bun, or in a tortilla with avocado, cheese, sour cream.
Rita, this was fantastic! I had about 2 1/2 lbs. of flank steak but I still stuck with your amount of spices and stuff. I used crushed red pepper (a bit less than stated) and just 1 chipotle, to appease my family's sensitive stomachs. They all LOVED it and want me to make it again next Sunday :) So easy and so good! We had it on flour tortillas with sour cream, slices of avocado and grated white cheddar cheese. This is going into our favorites file! Thanks so much!
This was terrific. Very spicy, though, but we all loved it. I started it at noon time, so did it about 3 hours on high and another 1 or so on low. Shredded beautifully. Yum.
Fantastic!! I made exactly as described with only one small exception. I left the rubbed steak in the fridge overnight prior to putting in crockpot the following day. Served on rolls to sister-in-law's family who is excetionally picky, fully expecting (& hoping) to have lots of leftovers but they all loved it!!! No leftovers this time, and the standby hot dogs/hamburgers that we always have for them were not eaten. They did say it was quite spicy, next time I will probably not aded the red pepper for them. However we loved it. thanks for a great recipe!