This dish is named for the Alsace region of France, a belt of land that is steeped in both French & German tradition and fare. My version of this dish has been modified to fit my heart-healthy diet.
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Place in pot & cover with salted water. Bring to boil & cook 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Melt margarine in skillet. Add olive oil, onions and bacon. Cook 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes. Cook 10 minutes until tender and crisp.
- Add herbs, salt and pepper. Mix well.