Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of those recipes that you can either make ahead of time or these are easy enough to put together right before dinner. However, they taste like you have spent all day on them.
- 1 whole pork tenderloin
- 1 medium sweet onion, peeled and quarterd
- 9 -10 pieces apple-smoked bacon, slices (or your favorite bacon)
- 9 -10 slices of aged swiss cheese
- Remove any of the silver membrain with the edge of your knife.
- Cut the loin into 2 to 2.5" slices.
- With the tip of your knife make 1" slit in the ctr of each piece.
- Break down each onion quarter into 2 layer pieces.
- Stuff each slice of loin with 1 of the 2 layer pieces of onion.
- Wrap each piece of loin with a slice of bacon. With the ends of the bacon tucked under.
- Grill or broil @ medium heat until cooked trough, turning half way through the cooking process and the bacon is crispy.
- Once cooked you place a piece of cheese top each piece of meat and let melt.
- Let stand 5 minute
- Serve Warm, Enjoy.
I love pork so I was really looking forward to this. It was good, not over the top, but nice. The instructions for the average cook are NOT clear, but I didn't have a problem with it. The flavor was good, but I would like to see some other herbs or flavors involved in the recipe. But overall, very nice and everything was gone, so it was enjoyed. Made for PAC 2011
Very, very good! I grilled in the oven and it was stupendous. Someone (my nephew!) got into the apple bacon and ate half of it. I had to use regular bacon on half of the loin. The apple-smoked bacon pieces definitely made a difference. Thnx for sharing your recipe, TheBlueJeanChef. Made for PAC Spring 2010. You've been adopted! http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0