Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great tea party needs two things: great friends and great food. These little sammies are so nice to serve. I love using my little silver multi-layer dishes to display everything I'm serving. These are pretty along side other tea sandwiches. Mighty tasty too!
- 3⁄4 cup soft butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 20 slices bread, of your choice
- 1 1⁄2 cups soft cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped nuts (for this recipe, I prefer walnuts)
- Combine the butter with cinnamon or nutmeg and spread the mixture over 1 side of each slice of bread.
- In a small bowl, cream the cream cheese, if necessary, and stir in the pineapple and nuts.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over 10 slices of bread and top with the other 10 slices.
- Remove the crusts and cut.
These were nice for my daughter's tea party. If I were to make again, I would opt to leave out the butter spread and add a couple of tablespoons of mayonaise.