1 hr 20 mins
A wonderful way to get kids to eat carrots! This recipe is a "clone" of the famous Picadilly's Cafeteria side. I think you will find it scrumptious and easy to make...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup corn flakes, crushed
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons butter, room temperature
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Use a 9x13-inch pan.
- 2For the topping, combine the crushed corn flakes, nuts, brown sugar, and butter. Set aside.
- 3Boil carrots in salted water until soft. Drain well mash with potato masher or food mill.
- 4In a bowl, while carrots are warm, add sugar, vanilla and baking powder.
- 5Whip with electric mixer or food processor until smooth.
- 6Add flour and mix well.
- 7Add eggs to mixture one at a time, blending well.
- 8Add softened margarine to mixture and blend well.
- 9Pour mixture into greased baking dish about half full as the soufflé will rise.
- 10Sprinkle on topping.
- 11Bake about 1 hour or until top is a light golden brown.
- 12Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar over top before serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Piccadilly's Sweet Carrot Souffle
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 575.3
- Calories from Fat 295
- Total Fat 32.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 161.1 mg
- Sodium 595.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 51.1 g
- Protein 7.7 g