Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Paula's Party is so much fun to watch! I love Paula Deen and her recipes are always so easy and I usually have everything on-hand. This is quick and I can't wait to give it a try. If you need a gift and want to do something unique, gather all the ingredients that are non-perishable, make a batch of the mix and put it in a jar, and include the recipe, and VIOLA! (hehehe) A very interesting present that will surely bring a smile.
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 3 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 lb fully cooked smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 lb fresh shrimp, medium size, peeled and deveined
- In a small bowl, combine rice, onion, parsley, beef bouillon, thyme, garlic powder, black pepper, cayenne pepper, salt, and bay leaf. Pour into cellophane bag. Store in an air-tight container.
- To make the jambalaya:
- In a Dutch oven, combine mix, water, tomatoes, tomato sauce and smoked sausage.
- Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high head. Cover, reduce heat and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook for an additional 5 to 7 minutes, or until shrimp are pink.
- Serve immediately.
Delicious and very convenient to keep on hand for a quick meal. I use the mix, then refill the jar. Thanks!!
This recipe is worth 5 stars. I like hot food, this recipe is a mild version (my taste). My husband liked it to, is isn't as spicy as you think it would be. I add some chopped red and green peppers to the recipe. I added some tabasco sauce on my serving to make it hotter. Thanks for this recipe.
Super quick and easy to make. As with all of Paula's recipe's delish, or as they say MMM MMM!! Hubby and I cook it together and folks always enjoy! Easy one to remember too, so get out the spices and cook away. Spice is slow to hit but make no mistake it is SPICEY so as another reviewer said may not work for the kids.