Delicious and easy to prepare. For a switch, tried served with rice instead of pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb andouille sausage, halved lengthwise,then thinly sliced crosswise (or other fully cooked smoked spicy sausages, such as Louisiana hot links)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes (with added puree)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 lb farfalle pasta
- 1 1/2 lbs uncooked large shrimp, peeled,deveined
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large pot over medium heat.
- 2Add sausages; saute until light brown, 5 minutes.
- 3Using slotted spoon, transfer sausages to paper towels.
- 4Pour drippings from pot; discard.
- 5Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to pot and heat over medium heat.
- 6Stir in onion and next 9 ingredients.
- 7Cover and cook until vegetables are almost tender, stirring often, about 8 minutes.
- 8Stir in crushed tomatoes and diced tomatoes with juices and bring to boil.
- 9Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes to blend flavors.
- 10Stir in sausages, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce; simmer uncovered until sauce thickens slightly, about 5 minutes longer.
- 11Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 12Discard bay leaves.
- 13Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite.
- 14Remove from heat.
- 15Add shrimp to pot; cover and let stand just until shrimp are pink on outside and opaque in center, about 2 minutes.
- 16Drain pasta and shrimp; return to pot.
- 17Add sauce and toss to blend.
- 18Transfer to bowl.
- 19Serve, passing Parmesan cheese separately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Jambalaya
Serving Size: 1 (546 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 762.9
- Calories from Fat 292
- Total Fat 32.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 186.3 mg
- Sodium 1695.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 42.5 g