Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Delicious and easy to prepare. For a switch, tried served with rice instead of pasta.
Make and share this Pasta Jambalaya recipe from Food.com.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb andouille sausage, halved lengthwise,then thinly sliced crosswise (or other fully cooked smoked spicy sausages, such as Louisiana hot links)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 (28 ounce) cancrushed tomatoes (with added puree)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes with juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 lb farfalle pasta
- 1 1⁄2 lbs uncooked large shrimp, peeled,deveined
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large pot over medium heat.
- Add sausages; saute until light brown, 5 minutes.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer sausages to paper towels.
- Pour drippings from pot; discard.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to pot and heat over medium heat.
- Stir in onion and next 9 ingredients.
- Cover and cook until vegetables are almost tender, stirring often, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes and diced tomatoes with juices and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes to blend flavors.
- Stir in sausages, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce; simmer uncovered until sauce thickens slightly, about 5 minutes longer.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Discard bay leaves.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite.
- Remove from heat.
- Add shrimp to pot; cover and let stand just until shrimp are pink on outside and opaque in center, about 2 minutes.
- Drain pasta and shrimp; return to pot.
- Add sauce and toss to blend.
- Transfer to bowl.
- Serve, passing Parmesan cheese separately.
Very good, but it takes longer than 15 min. for prep. (about 20-25 min.)
Delicious and different! Great recipe. I used Hillshire Farm hot links because I didn't have andouille.I followed the recipe except instead of cooking my shrimp in with the pasta I just threw them right into sauce when I added the sausages back in with the Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco. I added fresh minced parsley too.I had some leftovers for lunch today and I think it's even better than last night! Thanks so much for posting this Bev! I am becoming a fan of your recipes!
Simply outstanding! Loved it. I had some leftover chicken, so I substituted that for the shrimp and reduced the recipe to feed two. And I used Old Bay seasoning in place of the allspice. This may very well be my favorite dish for andouille. Thanks so much for sharing your recipe!