1/1 Photo of Parmesan Corn Bread Pie
Slices of this cheesy topped corn bread pie go great with steaming bowls of chili or hearty stews! I haven't tried this yet, but sounded so good, and put here for safekeeping. Taken from Whole Foods.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F
- 2Mix flour, cornmeal, baking powder, 2 tablespoons of the cheese, garlic, black pepper and salt in a bowl; set aside.
- 3Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until golden brown and starting to caramalize, about 15 minutes. Move to a large bowl, making sure to scrape out and include all of the oil from the skillet, and set aside to let cool slightly.
- 4Add egg, milk, and honey to onions and stir well. Add onion mixture to bowl with flour mixture and stir until blended.
- 5Use the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to grease a 9-inch pie plate. Pour the batter into the pie plate and sprinkle top with remaining 2 tablespoons cheese.
- 6Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, then slice and serve. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parmesan Corn Bread Pie
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.8
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 30.2 mg
- Sodium 359.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 6.0 g