1/1 Photo of Parmesan Corn Bread Pie
Slices of this cheesy topped corn bread pie go great with steaming bowls of chili or hearty stews! I haven't tried this yet, but sounded so good, and put here for safekeeping. Taken from Whole Foods.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F
- 2Mix flour, cornmeal, baking powder, 2 tablespoons of the cheese, garlic, black pepper and salt in a bowl; set aside.
- 3Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until golden brown and starting to caramalize, about 15 minutes. Move to a large bowl, making sure to scrape out and include all of the oil from the skillet, and set aside to let cool slightly.
- 4Add egg, milk, and honey to onions and stir well. Add onion mixture to bowl with flour mixture and stir until blended.
- 5Use the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to grease a 9-inch pie plate. Pour the batter into the pie plate and sprinkle top with remaining 2 tablespoons cheese.
- 6Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, then slice and serve. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parmesan Corn Bread Pie
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.8
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 30.2 mg
- Sodium 359.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 6.0 g