Slices of this cheesy topped corn bread pie go great with steaming bowls of chili or hearty stews! I haven't tried this yet, but sounded so good, and put here for safekeeping. Taken from Whole Foods.
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Mix flour, cornmeal, baking powder, 2 tablespoons of the cheese, garlic, black pepper and salt in a bowl; set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until golden brown and starting to caramalize, about 15 minutes. Move to a large bowl, making sure to scrape out and include all of the oil from the skillet, and set aside to let cool slightly.
- Add egg, milk, and honey to onions and stir well. Add onion mixture to bowl with flour mixture and stir until blended.
- Use the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to grease a 9-inch pie plate. Pour the batter into the pie plate and sprinkle top with remaining 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, then slice and serve. Enjoy!