PugMomma Brenda's Note:
This sounds yummy..putting here for safe keeping
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 cups rice-corn crispy cereal
- 2 1/4 cups broken bagel chips or 1 1/3 cups melba toast
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 bone-in skinless chicken pieces
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- 2Set a rack on a foil lined baking sheet and spray the rack generously with cooking spray.
- 3Finely grind the cereal and toasts together in a food processor.
- 4Transfer crumbs to a large gallon size plastic bag.
- 5Add the oil, salt, cayenne, paprika, and ground pepper, and toss to mix thoroughly.
- 6Whisk the mayonnaise and Dijon mustard together in a medium shallow bowl.
- 7Add chicken to mayonnaise and turn to coat all the pieces evenly.
- 8Drop the chicken into the plastic bag, seal and shake until each piece is evenly coated.
- 9Place coated pieces on the prepared rack.
- 10Spray the chicken pieces evenly with cooking spray, and bake until the coating crisps and browns, about 35 to 40 minutes.
- 11Transfer to a platter and serve hot or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (37 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.1
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 1095.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
skinless chicken pieces