Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I know there are many, many versions of the recipe online, but this beats them all. Trust me! The best part, it can be adapted for a crock-pot or dutch oven.
- Pre-heat over at 350 F if using the Dutch-Oven method.
- Brown ground beef, bacon, and onion together; drain.
- Pour into Dutch Over or Crockpot.
- Add beans and mix well.
- Mix sugars, bbq sauce, molasses, and spices together; add to meat and beans.
- Mix well.
- Cook for 1 hour in oven if using Dutch-oven.
- Cook on low for at least 3 hours if using a Crockpot.
Great recipe but I eliminated the white sugar and cut back on the brown sugar. There is plenty of sugar in the pork and beans, BBQ sauce, catsup, and molasses. Works for me.
I left out the 1 cp. sugar. I don't like my beans that sweet. Great as a stand alone meal.