1/2 Photos of Old New Orleans Remoulade Sauce
This recipe comes from JoAnne Clevenger, owner of New Orleans' Upperline restaurant. It was made to serve over fried green tomatoes, seafood and whatever else you want to eat it with!
My Private Note
cups, a ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup creole mustard (or other spicy mustard)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper (if you don't have white, use black)
- 1/8 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- salt, to taste
- 1Combine ingredients in first half except salt and mix well. Add salt to taste.
- 2Add olive oil in slow stream while whisking mixture. Add rest of second half and mix well. Add a few drops of hot sauce if a spicier flavor is desired. Sauce should be spicy and tangy.
- 3Cover and chill before use.
- 4Covered and refrigerated, the sauce should keep about 3 weeks.Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old New Orleans Remoulade Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.3
- Calories from Fat 255
- Total Fat 28.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 465.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 1.8 g