Excellent and delicious! This has evolved over 50+ years of cooking. Always a hit.
Make and share this New Potato or Red Potato Salad ala Nita recipe from Food.com.
- 7 -8 medium red potatoes
- 2 -3 stalks celery, broken in pieces,strings removed,chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley leaves, minced fine or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried parsley (optional)
- 2 green onions, and tops trimmed,peeled,minced fine (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon french mild prepared mustard
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup salad dressing, miracle whip
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder (or Garlic Magic)
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- Scrub potatoes under running water with a brush.
- Leave skins on potatoes.
- Place them in a pot of water to cover the potatoes.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 12 to 15 minutes until potatoes are fork tender.
- Remove from pot to stop cooking process.
- Let potatoes cool slightly.
- Place them in a large bowl and break them apart somewhat with a cooking fork or spoon.
- In another bowl, combine rest of the ingredients.
- Mix them in with the potatoes gently.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Serve warm or, cover and refrigerate for later use.
- Do NOT leave at room temperature.
- *Available in the Spice department of most supermarkets.
- Ask for it.