1/1 Photo of New Potato or Red Potato Salad ala Nita
Nita Holleman's Note:
Excellent and delicious! This has evolved over 50+ years of cooking. Always a hit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 -8 medium red potatoes
- 2 -3 stalks celery, broken in pieces,strings removed,chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves, minced fine or 1 1/2 tablespoons dried parsley (optional)
- 2 green onions, and tops trimmed,peeled,minced fine (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon french mild prepared mustard
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup salad dressing, miracle whip
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (or Garlic Magic)
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1Scrub potatoes under running water with a brush.
- 2Leave skins on potatoes.
- 3Place them in a pot of water to cover the potatoes.
- 4Bring to a boil and boil for 12 to 15 minutes until potatoes are fork tender.
- 5Remove from pot to stop cooking process.
- 6Let potatoes cool slightly.
- 7Place them in a large bowl and break them apart somewhat with a cooking fork or spoon.
- 8In another bowl, combine rest of the ingredients.
- 9Mix them in with the potatoes gently.
- 10Taste and adjust seasonings.
- 11Serve warm or, cover and refrigerate for later use.
- 12Do NOT leave at room temperature.
- 13*Available in the Spice department of most supermarkets.
- 14Ask for it.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for New Potato or Red Potato Salad ala Nita
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 396.1
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 151.5 mg
- Sodium 779.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 9.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: