1/1 Photo of New Orleans Barbecued Shrimp
Spicy, Spicy shrimp dish, the best I've ever eaten. From "The Frugal Gourmet". Get your napkins ready...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 1/2 lb butter or 1/2 lb margarine
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons crab boil seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce or 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 1/2 lbs large shrimp, in the shell
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2In a frying pan, fry bacon until clear.
- 3Add margarine and all other ingredients except shrimp.
- 4Simmer for 5 minutes.
- 5Place shrimp, in a single layer, in a baking dish and pour sauce over the top.
- 6Stir to coat.
- 7Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
- 8Stir once or twice.
- 9Serve immediately.
- 10You can peel these when you eat them, but not before.
- 11Serve with plenty of napkins!
Browse Our Top Cajun Recipes
Nutritional Facts for New Orleans Barbecued Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 378.1
- Calories from Fat 305
- Total Fat 33.9 g
- Saturated Fat 20.2 g
- Cholesterol 227.3 mg
- Sodium 1017.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 16.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
crab boil seasoning