Spicy, Spicy shrimp dish, the best I've ever eaten. From "The Frugal Gourmet". Get your napkins ready...
- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 1⁄2 lb butter or 1⁄2 lb margarine
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons crab boil seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce or 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, in the shell
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a frying pan, fry bacon until clear.
- Add margarine and all other ingredients except shrimp.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place shrimp, in a single layer, in a baking dish and pour sauce over the top.
- Stir to coat.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Stir once or twice.
- Serve immediately.
- You can peel these when you eat them, but not before.
- Serve with plenty of napkins!