Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
Spicy, buttery and definitely calls for wearing a bib! This is from Southern Living magazing.
Make and share this New Orleans Barbecue Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- 4 lbs fresh unpeeled large shrimp (6 pounds if using shrimp with heads on)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons creole seasoning
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- French bread
- Spread shrimp in a shallow, aluminum foil-lined broiler pan.
- Combine butter and next 12 ingredients in a saucepan over low heat, stirring until butter melts, and pour over shrimp.
- Cover and chill 2 hours, turning shrimp every 30 minutes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes; turn once.
- Serve with bread.
Best darn spicy shrimp recipe I've ever tasted. My friend Chuck sent me this recipe and I was going to post it here at the Zaar.. only to find that someone else found this recipe worth posting... so I'll just post the picture. I served this with steaming rice and a nice French baguette. It was fantastic! I originally posted this review on Dec 15, 2002 and sent the picture in on the same day. As of today (1-30-03) the picture is still not posted.. sorry.. nothing I can do about it.
Good recipe, but I found the lemon juice plus 2 lemons a little tart. Next time I would only use 1 lemon. Thanks for posting.
Really Great! Never had shrimp this way but it was delicious! Can't wait to fix it again. Thank you!