Spicy, buttery and definitely calls for wearing a bib! This is from Southern Living magazing.
Make and share this New Orleans Barbecue Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- 4 lbs fresh unpeeled large shrimp (6 pounds if using shrimp with heads on)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons creole seasoning
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- French bread
- Spread shrimp in a shallow, aluminum foil-lined broiler pan.
- Combine butter and next 12 ingredients in a saucepan over low heat, stirring until butter melts, and pour over shrimp.
- Cover and chill 2 hours, turning shrimp every 30 minutes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes; turn once.
- Serve with bread.