1/5 Photos of Nawlins-Style Stuffed Bell Peppers
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 10 mins
This spicy filling is perfect for stuffed peppers. I cheat and use Zatarains Dirty Rice Mix, works well with any Dirty Rice recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown ground beef with garlic, onions and celery.
- 2Prepare Dirty Rice.
- 3Add beef mixture to Dirty Rice and simmer for 25 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat and let sit 5 minutes.
- 5Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 6Prepare peppers by coring, removing seeds and cuting off tops (level the bottoms of any uneven so that they stand upright on their bottoms).
- 7Beat egg with Frank's Red Hot sauce and add 1 cup cheese to egg mixture.
- 8Add egg mixture to dirty rice/beef mixture.
- 9Stuff each pepper to the top with meat and rice mixture, and place in glass baking dish.
- 10Cover loosely with Alumnium Foil.
- 11Cook in oven for 25 minutes.
- 12Remove from oven, uncover and top each pepper with remaining cheese. Bake uncovered for an additional 10 minutes.
- 13When finished, remove from oven and let sit 5 mins before serving.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nawlins-Style Stuffed Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (420 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 478.3
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 208.4 mg
- Sodium 758.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 49.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dirty rice mix