Cook1 hr 10 mins
This spicy filling is perfect for stuffed peppers. I cheat and use Zatarains Dirty Rice Mix, works well with any Dirty Rice recipe.
- Brown ground beef with garlic, onions and celery.
- Prepare Dirty Rice.
- Add beef mixture to Dirty Rice and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare peppers by coring, removing seeds and cuting off tops (level the bottoms of any uneven so that they stand upright on their bottoms).
- Beat egg with Frank's Red Hot sauce and add 1 cup cheese to egg mixture.
- Add egg mixture to dirty rice/beef mixture.
- Stuff each pepper to the top with meat and rice mixture, and place in glass baking dish.
- Cover loosely with Alumnium Foil.
- Cook in oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, uncover and top each pepper with remaining cheese. Bake uncovered for an additional 10 minutes.
- When finished, remove from oven and let sit 5 mins before serving.
This is my second time making this recipe and I absolutely love it. My family loves it as well. Very tasteful. I followed all the instructions but boiled the bell peppers a few minutes to get them soft before stuffing them. That takes away the crunch when they're done.
This was wonderful dish! Hubby and I both loved it and it will definitely be added to rotation. It's such a great play on stuffed peppers and the flavors are a nice balance and blend.
excellent! i used spanish style rice. no celery. 4 peppers instead of 6, was just for my husband and i. thanks! :)