1 hr 5 mins
Our family's favorite Macaroni and cheese for over 25 years. Based on a recipe cut out of a Virginia newspaper many years ago.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the macaroni in a deep casserole dish and stir in the cheese, reserving 1/2 cup of cheese.
- 2Saute the onion and celery in butter about four minutes.
- 3Gently mix this into the macaroni mixture.
- 4Beat the eggs, milk, and seasonings together and pour over the macaroni and cheese mixture.
- 5Sprinkle the remaining cheese and breadcrumb over the top.
- 6Bake covered at 350 degrees for 20 minutes and then uncover for another 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Favorite Baked Macaroni and Cheese.
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 758.6
- Calories from Fat 315
- Total Fat 35.0 g
- Saturated Fat 20.4 g
- Cholesterol 236.8 mg
- Sodium 1056.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 37.4 g