Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Our family's favorite Macaroni and cheese for over 25 years. Based on a recipe cut out of a Virginia newspaper many years ago.
- Put the macaroni in a deep casserole dish and stir in the cheese, reserving 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Saute the onion and celery in butter about four minutes.
- Gently mix this into the macaroni mixture.
- Beat the eggs, milk, and seasonings together and pour over the macaroni and cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese and breadcrumb over the top.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for 20 minutes and then uncover for another 20 minutes.