Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 24 hrs
Cook 10 mins
This is a recipe which makes for fabulous party food; you can make it ahead of time (in fact, you have to), and everyone loves it. Simply serve it in a pretty bowl with toothpicks, skewers, or forks for serving. This has become a new staple as the perfect hors douvre.
- 1⁄4 cup tarragon vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon red pepper, flakes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, fresh and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 1 garlic clove, flattened
- 1 (3 ounce) package shrimp boil
- 5 lbs shrimp, uncooked and unpeeled
- Peel shrimp and set aside.
- Whisk together vinegars, peppers, mustard, and salt; whisk in oils. Stir in parsley, green onions, and garlic. Set aside.
- Bring 3 quarts of water, lemon, garlic, and shrimp boil to boil in large pot. Add shrimp to boiling water and cook uncovered til just pink, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain shrimp, and discard water remnants.
- Combine shrimp with marinade, cover, and refrigerate overnight or up to 2 days.
- Drain shrimp from marinade and serve.
I made this for My daughters HS Graduation Party! It was a big hit! I've had several people ask for the recipe. The only thing I changed was, I didn't have any tarragon vinegar, so I used a little some cider vinegar instead. I will definately be making this again! I may even kick it up a bit and add some jalapeno juice! :)