24 hrs 10 mins
This is a recipe which makes for fabulous party food; you can make it ahead of time (in fact, you have to), and everyone loves it. Simply serve it in a pretty bowl with toothpicks, skewers, or forks for serving. This has become a new staple as the perfect hors douvre.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup tarragon vinegar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon red pepper, flakes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, fresh and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 1 garlic clove, flattened
- 1 (3 ounce) package shrimp boil
- 5 lbs shrimp, uncooked and unpeeled
- 1Peel shrimp and set aside.
- 2Whisk together vinegars, peppers, mustard, and salt; whisk in oils. Stir in parsley, green onions, and garlic. Set aside.
- 3Bring 3 quarts of water, lemon, garlic, and shrimp boil to boil in large pot. Add shrimp to boiling water and cook uncovered til just pink, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 4Drain shrimp, and discard water remnants.
- 5Combine shrimp with marinade, cover, and refrigerate overnight or up to 2 days.
- 6Drain shrimp from marinade and serve.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mustard Marinated Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 437.1
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 552.1 mg
- Sodium 1220.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 61.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: