Found this in the Aug '03 edition of Australian Table magazine. Served with brown rice, it's really easy, tasty & healthy too! :)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup plain flour
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 -3 teaspoons garlic
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 green capsicum, chopped
- 400 g button mushrooms, chopped
- 1 (400 g) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (400 g) can red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 5 -6 halved cherry tomatoes (optional)
- Put oil in a large saucepan on a med heat.
- Add flour & stir for 3-5 mins, until it turns a golden brown colour.
- Add onion, garlic, chili, capsicum, carrots & oregano & cook this for 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, stock, beans & tomatoes.
- Bring this to the boil then reduce heat to a low flame & simmer for 15 mins until thickened.
- Serve with brown rice.