1/1 Photo of Muffuletta Sandwich (Schlotzsky Style)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Creole Olive Salad
- 1/2 cup pitted brine-cured black olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup large pimento stuffed olive, sliced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 sourdough buns, Sourdough Sandwich Buns (Schlotzsky Style)
- 3/4-1 cup creole olive salad
- 4 ounces mortadella, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces italian ham, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces provolone cheese or 4 ounces fontina, thinly sliced
- pickled pepperoncini pepper, garnish
- 1Combine all the olive salad ingredients and mix well.
- 2Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- 3Spread a couple tablespoon of olive salad in the inside of top of the bun.
- 4Alternating layers of meats and cheese on the bottom half (alternating).
- 5Carefully close the sandwich.
- 6Can be eaten hot or cold.
- 7To heat, wrap in foil and place in 350 degree oven for 8 minutes, or lightly grill until cheese is melted.
- 8Serve garnished with pepperoncini pepper.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Muffuletta Sandwich (Schlotzsky Style)
Serving Size: 1 (709 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 558.1
- Calories from Fat 342
- Total Fat 38.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 72.5 mg
- Sodium 1417.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 28.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
brine-cured black olives
pimento stuffed olives