I served this at a company luncheon that I hosted and it was a BIG hit with everyone who loves olives and a couple of people who don't. Mortadella is an Italian bologna, any garlic bologna would work.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup chopped pimento stuffed olive
- 1 cup chopped pitted black olives or 1 cup chopped kalamata olive
- 1/2 cup roasted sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup good quality olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/3 lb salami
- 1/2 lb provolone cheese
- 1/2 lb mild cheese
- 1/3 lb mortadella
- 1/3 lb prosciutto
- tomato, sliced
- shredded lettuce
- 1Take 1 loaf fresh Italian bread (one big round for a traditional muffuletta) slice in half, dig out some of the bread.
- 2Make the olive salad by combining olives, garlic, peppers and vinegar.
- 3Drizzle some of the olive oil and juice from the salad on each side of the open loaf- use plenty.
- 4On the bottom, place meats,cheeses, tomatoes, lettuce and olive salad.
- 5Top with other piece of bread and cut into wedges.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Muffuletta Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 626.6
- Calories from Fat 544
- Total Fat 60.5 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 58.1 mg
- Sodium 1131.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 17.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pimento stuffed olives
white wine vinegar