1/2 Photos of Muffuletta Panini
A delicious, grilled version of the classic New Orleans sandwich. If you can't find prepared olive salad then try to use a chunky style olive tapenade.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- softened butter
- 8 slices rustic bread or 8 slices sourdough bread
- 16 slices provolone cheese (thin slices) or 16 slices mozzarella cheese (thin slices)
- 1/2 cup olive salad, drained or 1/2 cup olive tapenade
- 6 ounces thinly sliced black forest ham
- 6 ounces sliced mortadella
- 4 ounces sliced genoa salami
- 1Brush both sides of bread lightly with butter.
- 2Layer 4 slices cheese over four of the slices of bread.
- 3Top with olive salad, ham, mortadella, salami, remaining cheese and bread.
- 4Cook sandwiches in a preheated panini press until golden brown and cheese is melted, about 3-4 minutes.
- 5Note: Sandwiches may be cooked in a preheated ridged grill pan or skillet over medium heat. Place a heavy skillet on top of sandwiches to flatten; cook 3 minutes. Turn; replace skillet and continue to cook 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Muffuletta Panini
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 838.4
- Calories from Fat 498
- Total Fat 55.4 g
- Saturated Fat 28.2 g
- Cholesterol 154.4 mg
- Sodium 2843.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 52.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: