Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe always made us cry more, so that is what my mother called it. I absolutely love it.
Make and share this More recipe from Food.com.
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 425.24 g can tomatoes
- 44.37 ml chili powder
- 236.59 ml water
- 113.39 g can mushroom stems and pieces, un-drained
- 283.49 g package frozen English peas
- 425.24 g whole kernel corn
- 226.79 g package spaghetti, cooked
- 473.18 ml grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Saute onions, green peppers and garlic. Add 1 lb ground meat, 1 lg can tomatoes, 3 tbsp Chile powder, and water. Cook 30 min, then add the mushrooms, peas, corn, and spaghetti. Then take half of mixture and place in casserole dish and top that half w/ 1 c sharp cheddar. Then take the remainder and repeat, creating a 2nd layer. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Thank you, Caryn--my mother made this too back in the early 60s and I had forgotten all about it until this weekend & suddenly wanted to find it. I didn't believe my search for "more" would do any good and bless your heart, here it is!! And, yes, it will probably make us cry, too! For everyone else, if you haven't tried it, you must! It really does make you say "more, please" - especially kids, if you go a little easy on the chili powder!
Reviewed for PAC Fall 2009. This was a relatively easy worknight meal. The first thing I want to say is this makes an ENOURMOUS amount of food! I could feed my family for the week on this! LOL. Not exactly, but it did fill my 4 quart casserole dish to the top. I did make a slight alteration, I reduced the amount of chili powder to 1 1/2 tablespoons. I knew my family would not eat it if I put the full amount in. Other than that, I followed the recipe exactly (even the mushrooms, which I ate 1 :-(. My son said there were too many veggies in it. (He's a veggie hater)! I liked it. Can't say I loved it, but I liked. Depending on how it reheats (for my nightworking hubby), will determine whether it goes on the rotation. Thanks for posting