Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
As kids we loved when mom made this gravy.She typically served it with corn bread,some type of green and fried ham.
- Melt butter and oil in skillet.
- Add flour and brown slowly.
- Do not burn and keep mixture spreadable.
- After browning ,remove from heat to cool.
- After cooling add tomatoes ,juices and water.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Return to heat stirring constantly untill mixture comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat,add salt , pepper and sugar.
- Stir and serve.