As kids we loved when mom made this gravy.She typically served it with corn bread,some type of green and fried ham.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter and oil in skillet.
- 2Add flour and brown slowly.
- 3Do not burn and keep mixture spreadable.
- 4After browning ,remove from heat to cool.
- 5After cooling add tomatoes ,juices and water.
- 6Stir thoroughly.
- 7Return to heat stirring constantly untill mixture comes to a boil.
- 8Remove from heat,add salt , pepper and sugar.
- 9Stir and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moms Southern Tomato Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.1
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 46.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 1.2 g