Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Sounds a little weird, but I catered to the Masters golf tournament in Augusta once and everyone there loved it.
- In a large frying pan cook corned beef on med heat to melt the fat off then set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, dice both the bell pepper and the onion and mix into the corned beef with a large wooden spoon.
- Then add the coleslaw mix the same way.
- Then add the horseradish and salt and pepper to taste.
- Finally add in the mayo.
- It's like with chicken or tuna salad, everyone likes a different consistency, so use the mayo to achieve desired viscosity.
This was very nice. The horseradish gave it a good zip. I used shredded corned beef instead of the canned and added caraway to the slaw. Thanks for posting
My compliments to MJ. I made this for Saturday lunch for 12. I used 2 pounds of home-cooked corned beef (which I shredded after it cooled and I cut the fat off), my own coleslaw mix and added an orange pepper along with the green one. My storebought horseradish had beet grated into it, and it was a wonderful flavor addition. Thanks, I'm going to make this again ver soon!
20 + stars for this salad!!! Easy and delicious. Will make again soon. Is good with a little egg in it also. We made this our dinner tonight.