1/2 Photos of Memphis-Style Turkey Legs - Alton Brown
2 hrs 10 mins
I've yet to cook turkey legs. They're so inexpensive---I've got to try them soon. This recipe in Alton Brown's "Feasting On Asphalt - The River Run," was inspired by a dish at Melanie's Soul Food in north Memphis.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- 2Place the legs in a 13x9-inch baking pan and sprinkle with the seasoned salt.
- 3Pour 1 cup of water into the bottom of the pan and cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 1 hour.
- 4After 1 hour, gently uncover the pan and turn the legs over. Continue to bake for another hour.
- 5Remove from the oven and drain off any remaining water.
- 6Combine the barbecue sauce, brown sugar, and lemon juice in a medium saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and glaze the turkey legs with the sauce.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Memphis-Style Turkey Legs - Alton Brown
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 107.6
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 530.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 19.7 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
smoked turkey legs