Chef #1172143's Note:
This recipe is so easy to make. I often make this and everyone loves it. I have a celiac child so I make this gluten free.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb tater tots, Kroger brand is gluten free
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, Health Valley brand is gluten free
- 1 cup milk, leave out if you use the Health Valley soup
- 1/4 teaspoon creole seasoning, Tony Chachere's Original
- 1 cup cheese, shredded Colby and Monterrey Jack
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2In an oval Pyrex casserole dish, place cooked ground beef on bottom. If you have precooked, frozen ground beef in your freezer, you can use that too.
- 3Layer all the tater tots next, completely covering the meat.
- 4Mix the soup and milk together and pour over the tots. (If you use the gluten free Health Valley Organic Cream of Chicken soup, do NOT use the milk as it is already the right consistency.).
- 5Sprinkle the Tony Chachere's over the tots. You can add more depending on how hot your family likes it. If you don't have Tony's, use salt, red pepper, garlic powder, and possibly chili powder. It's not quite the same, but it will do.
- 6Top with the cheese.
- 7Bake uncovered 30 minutes, or until bubbling.
- 8This is so easy to make in the morning, refrigerate, and pop in the oven for dinner. Serves 2 adults and 2 elementary school kids with no leftovers. Double the recipe and bake in a large, glass rectangular casserole if you want leftovers.
- 9Freezer info: You can put together and freeze an extra batch if you want. Just don't cook it (except make sure the beef is already cooked). This can go straight from freezer to the oven if you adjust your time and make sure you cook it until it is bubbling on the edges.
- 10Hope you enjoy it!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Melissa's Tater Tot Casserole (Gf)
Serving Size: 1 (396 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 737.2
- Calories from Fat 426
- Total Fat 47.3 g
- Saturated Fat 18.7 g
- Cholesterol 109.6 mg
- Sodium 1420.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 33.6 g