Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is so easy to make. I often make this and everyone loves it. I have a celiac child so I make this gluten free.
- 1 lb tater tots, Kroger brand is gluten free
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, Health Valley brand is gluten free
- 1 cup milk, leave out if you use the Health Valley soup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon creole seasoning, Tony Chachere's Original
- 1 cup cheese, shredded Colby and Monterrey Jack
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In an oval Pyrex casserole dish, place cooked ground beef on bottom. If you have precooked, frozen ground beef in your freezer, you can use that too.
- Layer all the tater tots next, completely covering the meat.
- Mix the soup and milk together and pour over the tots. (If you use the gluten free Health Valley Organic Cream of Chicken soup, do NOT use the milk as it is already the right consistency.).
- Sprinkle the Tony Chachere's over the tots. You can add more depending on how hot your family likes it. If you don't have Tony's, use salt, red pepper, garlic powder, and possibly chili powder. It's not quite the same, but it will do.
- Top with the cheese.
- Bake uncovered 30 minutes, or until bubbling.
- This is so easy to make in the morning, refrigerate, and pop in the oven for dinner. Serves 2 adults and 2 elementary school kids with no leftovers. Double the recipe and bake in a large, glass rectangular casserole if you want leftovers.
- Freezer info: You can put together and freeze an extra batch if you want. Just don't cook it (except make sure the beef is already cooked). This can go straight from freezer to the oven if you adjust your time and make sure you cook it until it is bubbling on the edges.
- Hope you enjoy it!