Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
this has been in my family for decades. sure, its a regular rice and gravy recipe but its a family favorite thats been passed down through the years. Great old fashioned southern dinner here...You can use regular old meatballs, sausage, or even left over chicken.
- defrost and season ground meat.add bread crumbs to help meatballs stick. roll into meatballs.
- roll meatballs into flour.
- heat oil in skillet and add floured meatballs.
- brown meatballs well on all sides. (its good that some of the flour sticks to the bottom of the pan. you don't want to burn them but this buildup will add to the gravy.).
- add just enough water to cover meatballs.
- add 1/2 envelop of soup mix.
- add couple of shakes of Worcestershire sauce.
- stir and scrap bottom of pan until mixture thickens.
- serve on top of rice and enjoy.
- *if you need more gravy add other 1/2 of soup mix and water. or if its not thick enough add some cornstarch.