Mrs. Peeperz's Note:
this has been in my family for decades. sure, its a regular rice and gravy recipe but its a family favorite thats been passed down through the years. Great old fashioned southern dinner here...You can use regular old meatballs, sausage, or even left over chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1defrost and season ground meat.add bread crumbs to help meatballs stick. roll into meatballs.
- 2roll meatballs into flour.
- 3heat oil in skillet and add floured meatballs.
- 4brown meatballs well on all sides. (its good that some of the flour sticks to the bottom of the pan. you don't want to burn them but this buildup will add to the gravy.).
- 5add just enough water to cover meatballs.
- 6add 1/2 envelop of soup mix.
- 7add couple of shakes of Worcestershire sauce.
- 8stir and scrap bottom of pan until mixture thickens.
- 9serve on top of rice and enjoy.
- 10*if you need more gravy add other 1/2 of soup mix and water. or if its not thick enough add some cornstarch.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meatball Rice and Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.8
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 74.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 21.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
onion and mushroom soup mix